Wednesday, February 21, 2007

#23 - Uncle Warren: The Early Years

Once upon a time there was a lovesick college student named Warren, his guitar named Herbie, and a pair of stereo cassette machines. The four of them spent quite a bit of time together.

For reasons I have yet to fathom, I hauled the old tapes out this week and decided to inflict some of my earliest songwriting and recording efforts on my small but patient audience. Here, then, are 1973 recordings of:

Bacon in the Jell-O
Pretty Baby
Emerald
Wish You Were There
Baby Baby
Do You Believe in Magic
Pleasant Mary

You may be able to detect, in these tapes, hints of what would come later, after I became an uncle and all. It'll either be interesting or excruciating, hopefully not boring. I will completely understand if you flee for your life - but please come back for #24.

As always, click the podcast icon or here to download. Or hit the play button on the player at the top of the right column. Have fun!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Okay, I JUST got to download this, I'm a little over halfway through, and I LOVE IT!

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Very enjoyable!