Friday, October 02, 2009

The Uncle Henry Collection

I have a box full of my own uncle's old 78 rpm records, which my cousins gave me after his memorial service a couple of years ago. My goal was to clean them up and transfer the songs onto CD for them - life, of course, has gotten in the way.

Part of my plan when I got back to the Attic was to get to that project, make it a regular segment of the podcast - "gems from Uncle Henry's stash" or some such. Still an idea.

The trouble with my Biggest Ideas for the new series is that they're labor-intensive upfront; I'd need to get a lot of extra work done before the launch. I do want to try it, though, so I guess I should just get to it and quit whining.

Getting it ready on a timely basis may mean forgoing the iguanodon sound effect. I think everyone could probably live without it, though.

No comments: