Sunday, February 26, 2012

Uncle Warren's Attic #68


"I see a whole army of my countrymen, here in defiance of tyranny. You've come to fight as free men... and free men you are. What will you do with that freedom?"

One thing you could do is spend a half-hour plunking around in my Attic with me ... I've got a couple of big hits before they were big hits, Les Paul making a guitar sound like a trapeze, and the inspiration for Betty Boop among other intriguing odds and ends.

Click on the pod icon or this link to hear/download Uncle Warren's Attic #68.

Among the goodies you'll find inside:

• Vintage ads for Pall Mall, Camel and Carnation Instant Breakfast
• "Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)" by Jerry Lee Lewis - before Kenny Rogers and The First Edition
• "In the Mood" by Edgar Hayes - before Glenn Miller
• "The Man on the Flying Trapeze" by Les Paul
•  "I Want to Be Bad" by Helen Kane
• "Giggling Gertie" by Vaughn de Leath
• "Campus Crawl" by Jimmy Tolson

What are you waiting for??

Click on the pod icon or this link to hear/download Uncle Warren's Attic #68.

And as always, if you'd rather have your computer or other electronic toy do all the work for you, just subscribe to the weekly podcast here.

No comments: